This 9-day intensive trip to Africa’s most exotic destination combines awe-inspiring nature exploration, thrilling adventure, and richly rewarding community work. From safari to canyoning to djembe drumming and much more, your every experience here will be unique, fun, and life-enhancing!
Reviews 0 Reviews0/5
Adventure Type Activities
Activity Level Extreme
Group Size Large Group
About South Africa
• All activities listed in the Itinerary of this brochure, unless otherwise stated.
• All accommodations upon your arrival and through your departure based on shared occupancy.
• Transfers and transportation on air-conditioned coach buses.
• International Flight Tickets.
• All entrance fees for all activities and places visited throughout the whole itinerary.
• Three meals per day (except 4 dinners left for each team to pick their preferred food experience).
• Experienced bilingual tour leaders throughout the whole itinerary.
• Visa application Fees (Not required for US Citizens).
• Travel Medical Insurance (Mandatory).
• Trip Interruption Insurance (Optional).
• Meals during Zurich and Frankfurt layovers.
• Four dinners throughout the trip left for personal/team choice.
• Pocket money for souvenirs, impulse purchases, and optional activities.
• Any activities that are not stated in this brochure (Bungee Jumping & Mountain Abseiling)
begin our adventure
We begin our adventure at Boston Logan airport where we will meet in the evening and take off to Zurich, Switzerland.
Early Arrival in Zurich with a 7-hour layover to allow a short time to explore the beautiful Little Big City. After a short tour of the city, we will take off to our destination Cape Town, South Africa.
Note: Zurich meals and any other sightseeing activities will not be covered by ARKExplore.
The Adventure Begins!
After a long way of traveling, we arrive in the Mother City to kick off our journey with a tour across the peninsula, where we will get to visit the Penguin Colony and Cape Point, where the two oceans meet, yet do not mix.
We will then visit one of the natural wonders of the world, Table Mountain for a late after- noon hike down the mountain.
On our second day in Cape Town, we will have a more local authentic experience. We will start our day by helping in Khayelitsha working with locals in their community vegetable gardens.
We then will make a visit to the Slave Lodge, one of the oldest buildings in Cape Town! This will be followed by a tour of Langa, the oldest township in Cape Town.
Big 5 Safari
To implement an amazing authentic African experience, we will make a visit to a safari at ‘Big 5’ private game reserve. After our wicked safari experience, we will begin to make our way down to the beautiful city, Knysna.
Bungee, Forest, Drumming & more!
Set off in the morning for Bloukrans Bridge which boasts the highest bridge bungee in the world! After we support those who want to participate in this optional extra bungee experience, we head to an elephant sanctuary to get up close and personal with these gentle giants. We then have a fun late afternoon experience with an obstacle course in the indigenous Knysna forest followed by Tjembe drumming workshop. To end the night we will have a short night hike activity to learn about the nocturnal animals in this temperate rainforest
Canyoning & Waterfalls
We will start our day at the beach to enjoy the warm Indian Ocean and then prepare for canyoning in the afternoon. You will jump down waterfalls, ride rapids and swim the mysterious brown river waters down a gorge in the Wilderness area. We will end the night with our traditional ARKanum celebration where everyone will get to perform and share their experiences.
Back to Cape Town
On our last day, we begin our drive back to Cape Town to catch our evening flight to Frankfurt Germany.
Cape Town: Mojo Hotel – 3 Star or similar
Knysna: On The Estuary B&B – 3 Star or similar